A Managing Agent with a difference
- Landsdowne Property Management is a highly specialised property service division within the Landsdowne Property Services organisation.
- Landsdowne offers you a complete, turnkey property service solution to property management that is defined by innovation and strategic thinking. We offer both a financial and operational administration service that covers all aspects of management of Sectional Title townhouse complexes and Section 21 freehold residential housing estates.
- Landsdowne understands only too well that as a managing agent, we are responsible for one of the world's most expensive asset classes - property. More than this - we are charged with preserving the key assets of the individuals we serve. This is why our approach is as dramatically differentiated as it is successful.
Why would you come to us? You're looking for a management agency with a difference. Check the boxes you tick:
- You want a managing agent with specialist property experience, knowledge and a trusted name.
- You want an agent that will see your development and its needs as individual and unique - and deliver forward-thinking, proactive solutions shaped around your requirements.
- You're looking for a new, fresh, smart approach - a whole new set of ideas and outlook not traditionally found in property management.
- You want more than property management - you're looking for business and property service solutions.
- You want to make sure your development performs as a smart, lean and sure-footed "business".
The Service Problems we Solve for You
Without a managing agent looking after your development, you'll no doubt have had enough of the endless responsibilities that come with running a successful resident scheme and serving as a trustee.
From budgets to benchmarking insurance options, from keeping up to date with changing legislation to chasing unpaid levies - it can be a full-time job. A job you probably have to do in your precious free time!
Just some of the eternal dilemmas you face may well be:
- Not having the skills, experience and acumen to deal with the detailed financial demands of managing a scheme.
- The task of keeping up with changing property legislation.
- Trying to navigate the rough waters of a troubled economy.
- Trying to keep your development financially healthy in the face of rising consumer inflation and across-the-board increases.
- The ever-spiraling costs of building, maintenance and repairs.
- Making sure that there's always "something in the kitty" - financial provision against the unexpected.
- Having financials properly completed and available.
- Making sure the residents levies are in line with costs, bearing in mind the effects of inflation - and factoring-in projected expenses.
- The pain of trying to run your scheme .in your spare time..
- The ongoing complaints and sometimes unpleasant behaviour of disgruntled residents.
- The eternal headache of dealing with property owners who are defaulting on levy payments, even threatening the financial stability of your scheme.
What we do - a Total Solution
The services provided by Landsdowne can be summed up in our effective bottom-line delivery. We provide a service second to none to ensure.
- we save you valuable time and effort.
- we save you money by getting to the CORE of your issues, through lateral problem-solving and consistently asking 'what if?'
- your asset is managed, with a particular focus on ensuring financial reserves are maintained at all times.
- the marketability or 'sales worthiness' of your complex is protected at all times.
- the desirability of your complex is safely-guarded - ensuring your developments remains a property in which people want to live.
- the continuity of your development, year on year, is safeguarded.
The Way We Work
At Landsdowne we're proud of our work ethic, which informs everything we do. The Landsdowne approach is about.
- Loving what we do and making sure it shows.
- We apply 360 degree focus on your development and its matters.
- To us, accountability, total commitment and being answerable to you are non-negotiable.
At Landsdowne we handle the total financial aspect of your development, taking the headache away from trustees - yet your financial affairs and account retains its independence, autonomy and absolute privacy.
While most traditional management companies run Trust Accounts shared by all clients/developments - Landsdowne's financial policy is that each estate we manage has a separate bank account opened in its name. Only your trustees have access to this account - but you enjoy the peace of mind and simplicity having us handle full administration.
This end-to-end financial offering means you enjoy these 8 financial service benefits:
- Full budget compilation - We understand that your budget is a living, dynamic document and can never be developed by simply referring to .what we did last year.. Each year, we provide an annual budget for your complex, developed in conjunction with your Trustees, to ensure it completely mirrors your exact needs and individual situation.
- Accounts kept up to date - We produce and manage the monthly billing of levies to owners and keep proper account records for each levy account. This includes meter readings taken so that each owner is billed for utility. We also provide levy clearance certificates to attorneys to assist with transfer.
- Debt management - We recover all outstanding levies and other monies owed by owners to the complex and calculate and allocate interest owed on arrear accounts. When necessary, this includes working with the complex's attorneys.
- Fulfilling your financial obligations - On your behalf and from levies collected, we pay all service providers, taxes and other expenses. We also ensure that municipal accounts are checked, verified and paid monthly.
- Report compilation and submission - We put together and present to the Financial Trustee/Director, a monthly financial report that gives an overview of the financial position of the complex. This is a detailed report that covers income statement, balance sheet, cash flow, financial and operational report, debtor's age analysis and collection report as well as a comparison against budget.
- Full legal compliance - We maintain all accounting records for the complex, ensuring all statutory requirements are met.
- Financial audit completion - We prepare the Annual Financial Statements of the complex and liaise with auditors during the auditing process.
- Meeting of taxation obligations - We make sure your tax returns are submitted to deadline and that provisional tax payments are made. This regular tax 'housekeeping' ensures there are no nasty surprises.
Take Action Now
Put the Landsdowne difference to work for you NOW. For more information or to organize a personal consultation to discuss your needs, please contact:
Tel: (011) 465 4596
Cell: 082 457 6297
Fax: 011 465 2738